Search by Gene
Search by Region
Search by position in CDS
Search by Organ System
NonStopDb aims to facilitate the study of nonstop mutations which occur in the stop codons of genes in cancer.
- Search by Gene: here, the user can search for nonstop mutations present in a gene of interest (HGNC gene symbol, gene name and Ensembl IDs are accepted).
- Search by Region: here, the user can search for mutations at genomic coordinates (genome version GRCh38).
- Search by Organ: here, the user can search for nonstop mutations by organ system, site and histology.
- Advanced Search: here, the user can combine multiple search options including gene names, Cancer Gene Census (CGC) genes, tumor entities, the conservation score and the length of the extension.
- Dhamija et al., A pan-cancer analysis reveals nonstop extension mutations causing SMAD4 tumour suppressor degradation. Nature Cell Biology (2020) 22:999–1010.
- Diederichs S et al., The dark matter of the cancer genome: aberrations in regulatory elements, untranslated regions, splice sites, non-coding RNA and synonymous mutations. EMBO Mol Med (2016) 8:442-57.
A detailed and user-friendly documentation can be downloaded here:
The authors of the SYNMICdb can be contacted at the following email address: